Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-02-2007 , 05:50 PM

Making water

hey guys can you tell me how to do water in this scene in maya (this one is made in cinema 4d)

Attached Thumbnails

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it
# 2 18-02-2007 , 06:07 PM
Senior Software Developer
Maya fluids should do the trick. Or maybe you can fake it with a few MR tricks on the glass and shaders 'n' stuff.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 18-02-2007 , 06:07 PM
Create the glass then the water as some poly objects then either assign the dielectric mental ray material with the correct IOR value for water (do a google for a list) or use a blinn material and play with the settings using the refractive index for water in the raytracing settings tab.

Few test renders as and tweek here and there and you should get it

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 18-02-2007 , 06:22 PM
i dnt know much about dynamics in maya so can you link me to some tutorials

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it
# 5 18-02-2007 , 06:27 PM
I dont think for a simple scene like this that you would need to use fluids or dynamics, some simple poly objects to representthe water will do.

Unless of course you want to animate, and if you do I would reccomend using realflow for water simulations. (theres a free 15 day trial for it on nextlimits site)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle