Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-05-2007 , 06:34 AM

Health Project

Right now my work in project is a health video on the effects from smoking. I got myself maya unlimited 8.5 and am having a load of trouble working it (mainly because this is my first ever 3d program). I'm really just playing around with it and trying to learn how things work in it. Any suggestions on files that might help would be nice. I need to make a beating heart, a constricting vein, a breathing lung which zooms into the cilia on the mucus wall of the inside of the lung, and a person taking a drag of a cigarette.

Maya will probably end up making things amazing for me and impressing everyone but I've got to learn first.

# 2 09-05-2007 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber
Congrats on entering the world of Maya3D.
Maya wont let you down. You will have to
practice and discover its potential.

You may wanna consider posting this in the maya basics forum to get maximum visibility of your post.

Cheers!

:-D

# 3 09-05-2007 , 06:59 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
start simpleuser added image what you want to do is pretty high enduser added image

# 4 09-05-2007 , 08:54 AM
hey, thanks! wow, this community is very inviting. I might just become a regular here :blush:

# 5 09-05-2007 , 05:33 PM
Theres a free text tutorial on creatin a blood vessel with cells ect, a google should get it for ya, its quite a simple tutorial if I remember correctly that goes over the basics of creating the vessel and the cells as well as texturing, should be a good start for your project.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 09-05-2007 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber

# 7 09-05-2007 , 06:13 PM
Senior Software Developer
There was a 3D Medical tutorial knocking about by Alias, that was done on a super hyper real level, They used the data from the Guy who donated himself to science and they cut him up into 1mm slices (does anyone remember).

The DVD shows how they used NURBS to create the main organs Heart. Lungs, Liver, Kidneys etc... and give a fly through of the mouth down the asophogus into the throat and onto the lungs etc... etc... etc...

Unfortunatly I cannot see it listed on Autodesks site.

Its called Medical Visualisations and it can be bought from here quite cheaply.

https://www.academicsuperstore.com/ma...?PartNo=766284

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

Last edited by R@nSiD; 09-05-2007 at 06:23 PM.
# 8 10-05-2007 , 04:45 AM
Ahh to sacrifice your body for 3-d, how heroic. user added image

But is this for work or school? I presume that you have to create a human head to, and then modeling the mouth with teeth and all, I got to agree with Mastone that this is kind of advanced and will probably take up alot of time.

But if you got time there is nothing stopping you!

Best of luck. user added image