Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-08-2007 , 03:00 PM

Rotation issues

Hi,

I'm rotating a polygon plane. I have the rotation axis set to world. I'm clicking exactly on either the red, green or blue (xyz) axis handle to rotate the plane.

But, when I watch the channel box, all of the axis are changing. The rotation looks correct in the viewport - but why is it doing this? Surely the rotations should take place independently of each other?

cheers,

gubar.

# 2 02-08-2007 , 03:04 PM
Jr.Who
Can you post a pic? user added image

# 3 02-08-2007 , 03:06 PM
That is really weird, it should work correct as long as you dont have a expression going on there.

# 4 02-08-2007 , 03:29 PM
Hi,

ok, here are two images. The rotation is set to world. All rotations are at 10. Then, I click on the y rotation handle to select it, rotate, and as you can see all the channels are affected.

If I select the channel in the channel box and drag the value, this doesn't happen. When it highlights it this way, it actually looks as if it is selecting a hanldle that is slightly of the axis of those you can see - does doing it this way defauls to local, or gimbal or something?

thanks,

gubar.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 02-08-2007 , 05:04 PM
Jr.Who
Try setting the values to 0 and go to Edit> Freeze Transformations, and see if it works that way. You might want to try a center pivot too.
user added image

# 6 05-08-2007 , 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Jr.Who
Try setting the values to 0 and go to Edit> Freeze Transformations, and see if it works that way. You might want to try a center pivot too.
user added image

Hi there,

the object in the example was actually just created brand new, so no transformation or pivot issues there.

Haven't had maya open for a day or two though, I'll look again after the weekend.

thanks,

gubar

# 7 06-08-2007 , 07:53 AM
Subscriber
Yeah that always happens, just freeze transformation user added image