Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-08-2003 , 04:59 PM
Vampus

Stopping Dynamic Effects "going through walls"

Hey guys.

I cut a poly sphere in half to create a bowl. I then created another small object and added the dynamic fire effect(default settings) to it. I places the fire into the bowl. Problem is, when I render it, the flame go through the wall of the bowl. I tried selecting the bowl and particles and setting "make collide" but it didn't fix it. Any suggestions?

# 2 19-08-2003 , 06:01 PM
Particle collisions work currently by calculating the CENTER of a particle to the collision object.

So, no matter what the physical size of the particle, there may be interpenitration with other collision geometry.

Here is a tut that explains a "sortof" workaround:

https://www.geocities.com/jozvex/tuto...rparticle.html

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 19-08-2003 , 06:09 PM
Vampus
The problem I saw with setting the collision was that it went all "psycho(TM)" My system almost freezes when I run it, and the parts I DO see, it has the particles going all over the place like bomb going off in a fireworks factory.

...but I'll check out the link, cheers Izzyuser added image

# 4 19-08-2003 , 06:11 PM
Well, for your particles going all haywire, one reason could be that you left the resilience and friction factors of your geoconnector at the default values.

Check the docs regarding "make Collide" and in there it will talk about how these 2 attributes are CRITICAL in pulling off this type of thinguser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 19-08-2003 , 06:14 PM
Vampus
woops user added image