Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-09-2011 , 07:45 AM

REQ: Minecraft Rig for maya

I am making a minecraft music video in maya and I need to have a rig to help me. If you can, you will earn yourself a spot in the credits. The rig should include the following:

All of the textures
Fire
Torches & particles
Person (with facial expressions)
short explanation

For an example of what I would like please watch the following video (not by me)

Revenge - Behind the Scenes - YouTube

# 2 05-09-2011 , 10:36 AM
The Nurb Herd
So one would get to build a set and character, texture them both, do some particle dynamics and then rig the character and write you an explanation of how to use everything. What exactly would you be doing? Just animating? who would light, render and comp it?
Also what is Minecraft? is it all that low poly style?

# 3 05-09-2011 , 08:06 PM
The thin red line
A spot on the credits what more would you want Dom........LOL.......dave

# 4 06-09-2011 , 06:16 AM
Technical Director
Yes, that is indeed a tonne of work for not a lot of thanks. It's quite a request from anyone, especially from a person that only has one post here.

Also, I'm not sure you know the meaning of "rig", as you have included particles in it. (Fire is also particles by the way)

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 23-01-2012 , 04:37 PM
minecraft fire is not much of a particle

# 6 22-02-2012 , 12:13 AM
atm im actualy working on one. ill send a minecraftforum.net link when i get it all ready, could be a couple hours, im almost done.

# 7 22-02-2012 , 12:14 AM
im only working on the character tho , not any blocks
i might do that later

# 8 27-02-2012 , 02:48 PM
thanks! i might make some videos with it user added image
There's alot of blender rigs but i dont know anything about blender.. It might be freeware but i could not even manage to find UV Mapping in there...

# 9 27-02-2012 , 03:31 PM
Technical Director

thanks! i might make some videos with it user added image
There's alot of blender rigs but i dont know anything about blender.. It might be freeware but i could not even manage to find UV Mapping in there...

You could export it via FBX to Maya.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.