Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-03-2004 , 09:20 PM

Eyes not following

Hello

I have a project were I've got a set of eyes,

They are linked to an aim constraint.

They blink and they have pupils and so on.

My question is:

If I've go an other animated object that moves in an XYZ way.

Is there a way to put a "Look at" modifier, constraint or however it maybe called. So that the Eyes look at that object as it it moving about its course.

I know that this can be done in 3D Max but can it be done in Maya or do you have to set ( Shift Ws) everytime you want to aim your eyes at an object. And if so that is a pain.

Thanks for any feed back

# 2 16-03-2004 , 12:53 AM
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but that should work with an aim constraint. To set it up you should first select the "aim at" object, then select your eye, and then apply an aim constraint. The constraint will appear attached to your eye.

# 3 16-03-2004 , 02:56 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer.

Your dead on.

I just had a already existing constraint and am pretty new at Maya.

But this forum is a big help.

# 4 16-03-2004 , 03:01 AM
glad to help