Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-01-2006 , 06:35 AM

Reset Maya

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to reset all the functions to its default settings in Maya as in one go rather resetting them one by one?

Thanks.

# 2 25-01-2006 , 08:22 AM
Subscriber
File/newscene option box...tick default scene. user added image

# 3 25-01-2006 , 09:40 AM
Great! Thanks for the help magicsy. user added image

# 4 25-01-2006 , 10:16 AM
Heh, I just had a test with it few times, however, this method only as to calling out the same Maya file by default.

But actually, my original question was to try to reset all the Maya Attribute Editor panels to its original settings at once. So I don't actually need to go something like Edit then click Restore Default Settings for every Attribute panels.

# 5 25-01-2006 , 10:22 AM
Subscriber
then im not sure maybe a pro can help just wait for it but i think maybe u cant, as when i watch tutorials they always say make sure to reset setting each time u use something manually.

# 6 25-01-2006 , 10:27 AM
Ahh... That's alright, I thought the same thing that it may has to be set by manually, now that's a confirm...

Thanks again magicsy. user added image

# 7 25-01-2006 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber
NP user added image

# 8 26-01-2006 , 04:11 AM
re-install maya or restore ur comp.

Yo mamma!
# 9 26-01-2006 , 11:52 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

If it's all about general settings, then ...
Maya’s Main Menu > Window > Settings and Preferences >
Preferences.
In the Preference Window, go to the Edit menu and select “Restore Default Settings”.

Another solution i saw on the net, without testing it (I would advise someone to confirm this before doing it) would be :
C:\Documents and Settings\YourSessionName\My documents\maya\version#\prefs , and delete .mel files.
(pluginPrefs, userHotkeys, userNamedCommands, userPrefs, userRunTimeCommands, windowPrefs). Assuming these will be reconstructed by Maya at launch.

Third, and the one i'm really relying on is ...
After installing Maya, plugs, additional tools, etc ... then make a copy of both directories :
C:\Documents and Settings\YourSessionName\My documents\maya\
C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya#\
The reason i'm going this way is because , sometimes, Maya crash so badly that prefs files can be completely or partially unreadable. When i got this situtation, i simply copy/paste both these directories. This is equal to what Vas proposed ya, but it takes only 10 seconds this way.
And your plugs are then already ready to use, as all the additional tools. (well, all what you're installing/ or script adding after Maya install)

Hope you'll find solution with one of these user added image

# 10 26-01-2006 , 12:25 PM

Originally posted by Pyrus
If it's all about general settings, then ...
Maya’s Main Menu > Window > Settings and Preferences >
Preferences.
In the Preference Window, go to the Edit menu and select “Restore Default Settings”.

Great! That's the one I'm suposed to looking for! I'll definitely look into your third option for further reference.

Thanks Pyrus and guys for your inputs! user added image

# 11 26-01-2006 , 02:45 PM
thanks user added image

Yo mamma!