Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-11-2002 , 12:30 PM

Keying the Intensity of an area light

Hi, I want to keyframe animate the intensity of an area light to flicker on and off. However no matter what I do I can't seem to get maya to keep the values I set. I assume that it is possible however I just cant seem to get it done. Please help!

user added image
Alan

# 2 20-11-2002 , 12:45 AM
SM Alumni
Hmmm......how are you setting the keys? Channelbox and time slider? Have you taken a look at your keys to see the values? Post what methods you have tried so you can get better help user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 3 20-11-2002 , 01:20 AM
thanks for the reply: I have tried to set the keys by using the timeslider bar at the bottom of the screen and autokeying them. But they never seem to hold the values.

Basically I need to make an area light flicker on and off. If you could suggest a different way of doing it then I would be very grateful for that aswell.

user added image

Alan

# 4 20-11-2002 , 01:14 PM
Try this: select the intensity of the light in the channelbox, and r-click it, and hit key selected. Then forward some frames, key it again, this time with a different intensity. When that done, open a graph editor panel to check and tweak your keys...

hope this helps

/ ctrl-z
# 5 20-11-2002 , 06:05 PM
thanks I will give that a try user added image