Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-12-2007 , 07:05 PM

Help installing metal shader plugin

Hi all,

I've downloads this but can't get it to work; I'm not sure what I am supposed to insert as per instruction number 3: editing it to show my script path.

So I gave it a try anyway (thinking it might just be the icons that would be missing, replaced with a generic icon) but it fails, the script editor advising that it can't find the required files.

I'm also wondering if it would work anyway, given it was released in 2002 - if so, anyone else know of any good metal shaders/presets?

thanks,

gubar

"Metals presets for Maya.
(c) Emmanuel Campin - June 2002

Modify them as you wish.
No support will be provided for any of the materials shown here.

- INSTALLATION.

1:
Copy the scripts and all the images.bmp into your script directory
-------

2:
Copy the shelf_metals_presets.mel into your default shelves directory (if you don't have a MAYA_HOME_DIR env variable,
it should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My documents\maya\4.0\prefs\shelves)
-------

3:
Edit it (shelf_metals_presets.mel) and replace the string your_script_path by your script path dir.
-------

4:
Open Maya, and copy / paste the line below in the script editor.

source aluPreset; source chromePreset; source copperPreset; source goldPreset; source silverPreset; source steelPreset;

-------

All your scripts are now sourced and ready to be executed with their respective shelf buttons.

Open your metals_presets shelf, you can see the icons of the presets, click on it to execute.

Have fun... user added image

# 2 03-12-2007 , 07:28 PM
Scrap that,

just restarted maya and they're there.