Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 13-10-2003 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber
Me off to get some sleep now as it's 11:16 and i've got to be up at 6:30 AM, but tomorrow i'll scan you some step by step drawings on how to draw that style in front and side views.

# 17 14-10-2003 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
RIGHT ONuser added image user added image user added image Thanks Brouser added image

# 18 14-10-2003 , 05:41 AM
Hey whats up man. Youre doing good on your drawings, just keep it up and you will be drawing anything in no time..youll find yourself no need for profile pictures or references either. As for me, ive been drawing since a kid and I remember back around kindergarten when my mom showed me how to do the draw using a grid which I used for awhile when I was young to learn how to copy drawings. I did that in order to get my hands used to drawing. As easy as you might think it is, you need to get control of your hands first. If one thinks he has total control of his hands, then he would be a very good sniper in a FPS because he can control his hands-eye coordination. Later on you will find yourself not drawing a grid seeing an imaginary grid in your vision (dont think im weird but i do see) and baam, there you go =)

So once you got control of your hands, start making up stuff based on the things you drew before and then just keep drawing. If you mess up, get another paper, and start over...Or better yet, keep the drawing and IMprovise, make it seem you didnt make a mistake. Thats all I did for all these years and I think thats what gave me practice for my now current thing to do which is drawing in ballpoint pen..I hate pencil cuz it smears and i dont like using eraser.

As for that dragonballz look, you should practice drawing fighting looks too, itll give you somewhat of lessons in perspective (not really all that acurate in dbz) but since its over exagerrated, you will easily spot things like for example, in a birds view of a person, you probably wouldnt see much of the stomac if any depending on how the person is standing..But you get what I mean.

K im blabbin I should stop..But ill be keeping watch of this thread as to see how you progress. Keep it up man! Its really good youre doing this cuz yeah it will help you in Maya in the future. How bad is it when you know all the tools in Maya and cant draw anything to model? Heheh.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>

Last edited by orgeeizm; 14-10-2003 at 05:44 AM.
# 19 14-10-2003 , 02:02 PM
Subscriber
heheheuser added image thanks for the encouragement my man.

# 20 14-10-2003 , 05:12 PM

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 21 14-10-2003 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by orgeeizm
ive been drawing since a kid and I remember back around kindergarten

Yeah but it's different when you've been drawing since you were a kid. We all used to draw as children and when we did we ended up making symbols for things (simple pictures that we think look like the objects they are supposed to be). Now the people like you who carried on drawing improved those untill you broke away from them and started to draw what you really see. However for people who didn't carry on drawing those symbols stayed with us and now it's alot harder to brake away. If you get what i'm saying.

Drawings on the way soon.

# 22 14-10-2003 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dannyngan
Here's a good reference site for all you anime/manga guys out there: https://www.polykarbon.com/.

RIGHT ON,,,Thanks Danny Just what I needed,, your too cool.user added image

Originally posted by ckyuk
Drawings on the way soon.

CooL My man cant wait to seeuser added image user added image user added image user added image

# 23 14-10-2003 , 10:03 PM
I had to think about that cyuk..But yeah i understand what you mean. And like everything else, anything can be learned and mastered. Just when were younger, we seem to grasp it faster. Fresh mind, i guess. Anyway, i like your drawings! I think R-Tillery will do really good. I can tell hes very motivated! user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 24 14-10-2003 , 11:40 PM
Me to have to improve my drawing skills, but I tend not to stick to a specific style. I’d love to get good at photo-realistic portraits. (Any one what some inspiration on this, search for Chuck Close)

Here’s some drawings I posted some months back: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=4223

I love drawing close up faces. Anyone know where I can get some good images on this cos I’m gonna start practicing again with this theme.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 25 15-10-2003 , 01:05 AM
yeah that reminds me a 2 year olds drawing. good but you know alot of work needed.

# 26 15-10-2003 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Raull
yeah that reminds me a 2 year olds drawing. good but you know alot of work needed.

how did you know how old I wasuser added image

# 27 16-10-2003 , 06:47 PM
Subscriber
I think anyone who is motivated and stays at it can become good at drawing, but the sad thing is 90% of people just give up because they think they are crap and will never get better.