Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-09-2016 , 12:56 AM

Error loading a file

I just started using maya and am working on a school project. I began at my school's animation lab, saved it to a flash drive, but when I tried to open it on my laptop it says:

"Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the Script Editor for details."

Here is what the script Editor says:

file -f -new;
optionVar -sv colorManagementColorPickerColorSpaceSelection "Rendering Space";
optionVar -iv colorManagementColorPickerColorMgtEnabled 1;
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 43: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.4 (built May 8 2014 13:47:10)
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.4 (built May 8 2014 13:47:10)
// BifrostMain plug-in loaded (built Feb 26 2015 18:01:51)
updateRendererUI;
file -f -options "v=0;p=17;f=0" -ignoreVersion -typ "mayaBinary" -o "E:/Maya/Projects/Scenes/Legomon2.mb";addRecentFile("E:/Maya/Projects/Scenes/Legomon2.mb", "mayaBinary");
closeAllNodeEditors;
closeHypershade;
requires -nodeType "mentalrayFramebuffer" -nodeType "mentalrayOptions" -nodeType "mentalrayGlobals" -nodeType "mentalrayItemsList" -dataType "byteArray" "Mayatomr" "2016.0 - 3.13.1.10 ";
# Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 1: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. #
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
updateRenderOverride;
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultFramebuffer'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.

Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// File read in 1.3 seconds.
// Error: Unable to load the image file, '/users/guest/t/tymull/Downloads/legofront.tif', for imagePlaneShape1 //
// Error: Unable to load the image file, '/users/guest/t/tymull/Downloads/legoside.tif', for imagePlaneShape2 //

The model seems to show up fine, but I am building it from two diagrams that I set in the image planes, and the diagrams are not loading. Also, from the script, it seems like it may be missing some features. Another animator thinks it may be that the path used on the school computers (/users/guest/t/tymull/Downloads/legofront.tif) is different from where I have that image saved on my laptop. However, my laptop only goes as high as Downloads and I can't add any folders above that to my knowledge. Is that the problem or is there more to it? based on the script it seems that I may be missing some patches, but it is unclear to me. Thank you very much for any help user added image

# 2 13-09-2016 , 12:57 AM
Also: I am using Maya 2016 on both school and my laptop, so at least that is correct.

# 3 13-09-2016 , 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Mental Ray is now a separate installation, make sure you have it installed on the laptop.

- Genny