Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-04-2012 , 08:02 AM

looking for a tablet

I have an older style bamboo and while it was sufficient for the purposes I got it for I'm unsatisfied after trying to do some freehand drawing with it.

Basically its two choices 1. medium or large intuos and 2. intuos4 or 5.

I'm also wondering what a good price would be. The prices I found were Intuos 4 Med $400 Large 360. and Intuos5 Med 350 and Large 460 which are pricey for me so I would like a better deal if possible.

I'm also wondering if there will be a price drop in the works since the physical stores don't seem to have the 5 yet. Should I wait until the 5 hits brick and mortar stores to see if the price for the 4s will drop further?

# 2 06-04-2012 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber
What you want is a cintiq. These are super awesome tablets (although mine is going wasted as I sort of anticipated), but I'm guessing you don't have the budget for it.

What part(s) of the bamboo do you not like?
The intuos5 is still really new right? Might be a good idea to wait it out for a while to see what happens.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 08-04-2012 , 02:13 PM
I have the intuos 4 Medium. I find it very accurate for my needs.

# 4 08-04-2012 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber

I have the intuos 4 Medium. I find it very accurate for my needs.

Second that. I used the big one at work and there's no difference, you'll get more buttons that you'll never use anyway and a bit bigger working area which doesn't matter anyway.

But I also like bamboo, it's as precise as intuos, I got Bamboo fun CTH661, it's the same thing imo, just cheaper, has pretty good pressure sensitivity and a nice paper-like texture to it, why don't you like it?

# 5 08-04-2012 , 06:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
I've got a intuos 4 medium and it's a huge improvement over my really old graphire... I can't imagine needing more, unless you want a cintiq, but larger wouldn't be a help I don't think.