Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-04-2016 , 01:06 AM

Two Animated Models in ONE Scene?

Hi there guys! I'm very new to 3D modeling and animation. I'm trying hard to level up fast by reading/watching tutorials, but even tho sometimes I can't find a solution for what I'm looking for.

So...I have two separate humanoid models that are rigged and animated in two different files. All I want is to put em next to one another so they can walk together in one animation /scene (they are Daft Punk so you get the idea =D). They have different walking animations. I tried by grouping them with their rigs in the outliner and importing and even copy paste...but doesn't seem to work. I move em around the way I want em to be and when I click play OR save them they got in the center of the scene stacking onto one another and yeah...that's where I'm stuck at. I tried Google/Youtube and even this forum for an answer, but I couldn't find a solution.