Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-04-2004 , 08:41 PM

circular fillet and trim modeling

Hello
Here is a tutorial that show how to model with circular fillet and trim ..

---https://www.animagraph.com.br/DeathBrain/Modeling/Fillet_Trim_Tutorial.htm---

I've followed all the step carefully

I can't get a good looking render..there is little ''crack'' between trim and fillet surfaces.. how i can get rid of this gap between surface ?

If someone can help on that ..it would be very nice..

Thank you in advance..

# 2 09-04-2004 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
increase tesselation

# 3 09-04-2004 , 03:16 AM
ive set the tesselation to the max..like he say in the tutorial..

ive try to increase tesselation even more..but no difference..

that dont work..i cant have the same result..always gap between surfaces..:-(

thx for your answer , anyway..

# 4 09-04-2004 , 01:21 PM
You have to up the tessellation for all the 3 parts of the results from the fillet/trim (try 15 or so). This means the outer mesh, the fillet, and the inner mesh. You have to do this for every fillet trim. Also, be aware that this will only show up in a render....you'll still have the gaps in one of the working viewports (though I believe there's a box you can tick to view the tesselation there though it slows things down a bit).

Also be aware that this isn't correcting the geometry. If you want to get rid of the gaps, you'll probably want to convert to poly and start cutting and merging vertices to line things up.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 10-04-2004 , 12:21 AM
yeah ive notice that the geometry doesnt line up perfectly and the parametrization isnt uniform for all the surfaces to meet..

do you think we can achieve a good tangency between the surfaces with the stitch tools ?

or i should absolutely convert to poly ?

# 6 10-04-2004 , 12:30 PM
Easier to convert to poly.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."