Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-01-2005 , 05:15 PM

Polygon Boolean operation not working

Hello,

I'm just starting to learn Maya 5, because i will be using Maya in college for Game Design in a few months or so. RIght now im modeling the Dog from Kurts tutorial, but my problem is that, when I convert the Nurbs to Polygons, then I click the neck part and hit enter, then click the head and hit enter, then go to polygon - boolean, and the whole model disappears? I followed his instructions exactly, but I dont know if im selecthing the models wrong, or if theres a option thats not letting the new object be displayed?

Thanks alot,

Matt

# 2 22-01-2005 , 05:20 PM
Make sure you have the 2 parts intersecting totally, then try again, You can also check to see if the normal are facing the same way in each part. Booleans can be temper mental.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-01-2005 , 05:26 PM
Hi,

wow, thanks for the super fast reply. I just looked, and my neck was a little to low on one side, so i raised it up and now it worked! I will try to sew up the neck and then continue watching the video. Your guys video's are awesome! I can really learn from them, and follow your every move.

Matt

Attached Images
# 4 23-01-2005 , 09:23 PM
Hey kurt,

I got to that part on my dog where I have to convert to SUb-d's and then start making detail. THe problem is that, when I do it, i get a error message. So i adjusted the numbers with the slider, but still didnt work. I read the error message, and it said that I need to do a cleanup. SO i did that, and SUB-D worked, but i had all these messed up faces and stuff on my model. So i went back and cleaned up stuff myself, and now its alittle better, but I still dont know what to do really to fix it? Also, how to i create new faces to merge the verticies inside my mouth. I deleted some stuff to remake the shape, but now i need to add some new stuff.

Matt

Attached Images