Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-07-2008 , 06:17 PM

MattTheMan- summer

Hey everyone. I know i never finish projects and the like, but I've recently heard of this one from a friend (joopson user added image). So I'd like to enter.

I'm thinking about an electric guitar that's been left in the garage for a while... broken strings, rusty pickups, tarnished mud-covered body, scratched neck, and the likes. Probably a fender stratocaster.

I'll probably be modeling in Maya/Modo and rendering in Maxwell.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 2 21-07-2008 , 07:45 PM
I can't wait ^_^

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 21-07-2008 , 08:51 PM
Acid44
wicked idea man but, i'd say to not do a strat... there's too many of those flying around in cg imo

user added image

# 4 22-07-2008 , 04:30 PM

Originally posted by acid44
wicked idea man but, i'd say to not do a strat... there's too many of those flying around in cg imo

user added image

Thing is Matt, you need to model a guitar that some one would leave to rot in a garage, say an Ibanez, no one would leave a strat!

Joking!

Looking forward to what you come up with!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 25-07-2008 , 06:44 PM

Originally posted by gster123
Thing is Matt, you need to model a guitar that some one would leave to rot in a garage, say an Ibanez, no one would leave a strat!

Joking!

Looking forward to what you come up with!

Hmmm... that sounds fair enough. I thought strat because I have one. How about an old, classic guitar. What about a telecaster? Those are fairly ancient. I really want to stray away from an acoustic. I think that wouldn't serve my purpose.

I would say Les Paul... but I sure as hell wouldn't let one of those sit in my garage. That's glass case material. Then again, so are telecasters.

Even better idea! How about my first guitar, a First Act strat-imitation $120 piece of shit?

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Live the life you love, love the life you live