Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-02-2010 , 05:51 PM

Fur density issue

I'm pretty new to maya so this is hopefully a really simple one, but when I apply fur to a surface it won't let me change the density value.

It let's me change the number (i.e. it's not greyed out) but when I do, nothing happens, regardless of how massive a change I make.

Is there a setting somewhere that stops the density being changeable? Seems odd.

I appreciate any advice!

# 2 08-02-2010 , 05:57 PM
EduSciVis-er
I haven't really used fur before, but sometimes in Maya things only are visible when you render. Have you tried doing quick renders at different densities? I wonder if maybe changing the density is not visible in the viewport. That's the only thing I can think of. If that's not it, hopefully someone else can help you out.

# 3 08-02-2010 , 07:15 PM

woop woop

Yeh that's perfect thanks, just changes in the render, I guess to save on RAM usage whilst modelling.

I'm glad it was simple!