Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-12-2013 , 09:32 PM

same uv map for similar objects

user added image

I need to apply uv maps on theese, there are tons of objects and i need to get the same uv layout for each object ... selecting all 100s of object and create a automatic mapping didnt work because every rock object are deformed diffrently, top faces being uv mapped as side faces so very bad uv layout with that ... as they all are unique i cant transfer maps either ...

any good idea how i can do this?

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 2 22-03-2014 , 11:43 PM
I'm sorry to say I don't have an answer for what you're trying to do, however, if I may, I'd suggest you use bump/normal maps or even displacement maps in-place of individual tiles. It should lower render times and overall poly-count.

I have yet to experiment with "Transfer maps" but it seems like something you can use if you do decide to make the switch.

Here is a basic tutorial/look into what it is and what it can do.

Creating Normal Maps -Baking using Transfer Maps in Maya - YouTube

Just create a big enough rectangle to cover all of your current side-walk, go through the "Transfer maps" process with normal or displacement maps, and apply one basic texture to that single rectangle/geometry.