Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-04-2011 , 05:46 PM

PSD not updating in hypershade.

Okay, so I'm a noob at this and am trying to texture some charaters that were modled by someone else. What I'm doing is I go into the hypershade, I ad a blinn right click and assign it to an object. I then create a PSD Network and save it to the Textures folder. I then activate the color level in PS and use the paint bucket to ad color and save. However when I go back to maya and click update PSD Network nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?

# 2 26-04-2011 , 06:15 PM
Okay for an update...If I render the project out I can see the colors, but I'd like to see what I'm doing by updating in hypershade. All the tutorials I've seen show this happening, but for some reason it's not working for me. Is there something I'm missing in some sort of settings?

# 3 26-04-2011 , 06:22 PM
Ah, HA!!!! Found it!!! I needed to click on the sphere icon with the checker on it above the image window.

# 4 26-04-2011 , 06:48 PM
The Nurb Herd
yes, you need to double click the swatch if the image is over 2k i think.

# 5 07-05-2014 , 08:41 AM
Hello everybody, I have some problem with PSD Network. I've created PSD Network for my nurbs sphere. From the attributes I've choosen colour, transparancy and bump and everything went smoothly. I painted this layers as I wanted, saved file in photoshop. But when I render the sphere, I can see bumps, but I don't get see bump's colour. Also, I don't see the red colour that I used in transparancy layer. First time I created PSD Network everything was perfect, so I guess I made some changes either in Photoshop or in Maya, but I don't know what user added image. Therefore, I would really appreciate some help user added image. Here are pictures of hypershade and render.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by madaboutsne; 07-05-2014 at 09:15 AM.
# 6 07-05-2014 , 04:44 PM
EduSciVis-er
The bump and transparency only read greyscale information for bump and transparency. If the color is not in the color channel it won't show up as that color. You need to create a new layer in Photoshop that has your green background, yellow stars and red squiggles. Then use that image as your color input.

# 7 08-05-2014 , 07:45 AM

The bump and transparency only read greyscale information for bump and transparency. If the color is not in the color channel it won't show up as that color. You need to create a new layer in Photoshop that has your green background, yellow stars and red squiggles. Then use that image as your color input.

Stwert, thank you on your respond to my question user added image So, all I have to do is create new layer in Photoshop with green background, yellow stars and red squiggles. That wouldn't be a problem, but frankly, I don't know in which folder to put that new layer, because when I open psd file in photoshop I have lambert2.bump, lambert2.transparency and lambert2.colour folders. Also, you said to use that image as your color input, but I don't exactly what you mean by that. That's probably because I'm in introduction-to-maya faze user added image

# 8 08-05-2014 , 11:52 AM
EduSciVis-er
You would put your stars and squiggles in the color folder because you want the color from them to show on your sphere. Then update the PSD network and that may be all you need. You're basically replacing your solid green layer with green plus red plus yellow.

# 9 09-05-2014 , 09:55 AM
Stwert, I did exsackly what you said and it worked like a charm user added image