Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-04-2004 , 11:53 PM

swordmanship

im searching for webpages with stances and movements (preferably in pics or vids rather than words) of sword fighting styles (and/or martial arts) but it seems im not able to find any...

If anybody could help...

Im specially interested on two swords fighting styles, either european esgrima, or taiwanese escrima, well, or anything...

# 2 25-04-2004 , 12:33 AM
I would goto a site like Discovery channel or something, because last year they did a whole show on the ExtremeMartialArts...where they did the whole anatomy of the moves and everything...broke different styles down to every aspect...so maybe something like that could help???

Or maybe goto different Martial Arts training sites and see...?

# 3 25-04-2004 , 09:46 AM
the "extreme martial arts" is a series or a one chapter documentary? (i mean, i dont have discovey channel, can it be bought in dvd?)
(i found out that trying to animate a two swods fighing character without it looking silly is rather hard)

tnx dan, one can download some useful thingies from:
https://www.motionanalysis.com/images/movies/xma.mpg
(mostly inspirational) and
https://dsc.discovery.com/convergence...deo/video.html

if anybody knows more links please post em here

uhhh... there isnt such a thing as a "for the masses" motion capture databank, is it?

Last edited by dragonfx; 25-04-2004 at 10:07 AM.
# 4 25-04-2004 , 10:26 AM
anybody knows what fighting style(s) they used on the bourne identity? i mean even if they had a highered pain threshold it looked much more real than most of the fights that are seen lately... or kungfu demos and stuff... i mean... in a real fight, who has time to make a mere circular kick before its face has been broken?