Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 06-09-2004 , 10:19 PM
The Maya Mountain
I use Maya for my game job. user added image

# 17 09-09-2004 , 12:46 AM
Well ive gone through some MAX, lightwave for a bit... didnt like that one at all, Bryce i stuck with for a while, but too limited. And Poser(too limited aswell), Some really crappy 3rd party ones like 3drenderstudio(had some surprisingly good pros about it... but way way way too many cons.

Ide have to say from what ive tried maya is the easiest to jump into and do something decent for a firsty try, but also has the capibility to do amaxing things.

Good learning curve, nice people and good community all help make this app great.

# 18 11-09-2004 , 01:16 PM
I'm not sure why so many people are so loyal to one app...

Anyway, here is my take on maya:

Great starting tool to learn 3d since it is still the most widely used program and you'll be able to find jobs better. Though it is good overall, it's workflow is getting outdated and there are apps out there that specialize in areas that does the job a whole lot better. Alias aquiring Karydara is a big step to boost it's character animation tools to compete.

The more I use maya, the more I find myself looking for better applications since maya is a headache once you've surpassed the the modelling stage.

Here's my current pipeline: silo ruff/modelling -> maya cleanup modelling/rigging/texturing -> motionbuilder animation -> maya rendering.

(houdini for particle stuff if needed)

ps...silo rocks! alias should aquire nevercenter and I'll be back to an all maya pipeline again.

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus