Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-06-2008 , 04:45 PM

Brad Pitt

Thought I would have a go at modelling a well known face. Spent about 5 hrs so far although I think hes nearly ready to be brought into maya for a render with some hair.

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-06-2008 , 04:46 PM

# 3 13-06-2008 , 06:11 PM
Nice... I can see some resemblence to Brad, although if I didn't know that it was him I don't think I should have guessed it.

But the model is nice, hard to get that likeness in though.

# 4 13-06-2008 , 06:25 PM
In that case I probably need to get some more reference material to help make improvements.

Cheers,

Leon

# 5 13-06-2008 , 07:10 PM
Really good work so far, waiting your new.

user added image

# 6 13-06-2008 , 07:16 PM
it's definitely a good start - i can already see a likeness. i think you need to work on his jaw - he tends to clench it making his face very square. i think when you're trying to capture a likeness you need to turn off symmetry or it will just make it hard to get right.

# 7 18-06-2008 , 11:10 AM
I think I see the most Brad Pitt in the front view.
Edge looks a bit sharp where the ear's begin. It's definitely getting there though. user added image

# 8 19-06-2008 , 02:45 AM
Subscriber
i have to agree with big cute...the front view looks amazing...looks like him but the other views...you can tell its him but seems off a bit but nevertheless, amazing work...keep it up and hopefully we see updates SOOOOOOOON

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 9 21-06-2008 , 10:44 PM
Gonna try and get some more reference material for brad before I try to make corrections. Think I am going to need to borrow some dvd's to try and get better pics though. Had some free time today though and managed to get a load of reference material for the crazy cruise. I am going to need to get decent profile images though to get the textures for the ears and side of his face perfect not to mention the modeling.
If anyone has any links to large profile images with either of these guys it would be much appreciated.

Also the hair in the pic is simply cloned from the ref image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 21-06-2008 , 11:36 PM
Made some quick tweaks to the mouth and got a decent render out of zbrush. Just photoshoped the eyes and hair in from the ref to get an idea of how things are looking.

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 22-06-2008 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 12 30-06-2008 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber
Nice work on bradpitt, very realistic ...

dont know if im right, though his head looks abit skinny?

# 13 03-11-2008 , 02:27 PM
Got to do a little more work on pitt. I still need to work on the general shape of the geometry some more + I need to create the eye lashes, eye brows, hair and facial hair.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 03-11-2008 , 02:37 PM
for some reason the first one looks more like him then this one. perhaps the skin color?... I can't really explain why.
Looks good though.
Did you find refs?
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 15 03-11-2008 , 11:35 PM

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Gonna try and get some more reference material for brad before I try to make corrections. Think I am going to need to borrow some dvd's to try and get better pics though. Had some free time today though and managed to get a load of reference material for the crazy cruise. I am going to need to get decent profile images though to get the textures for the ears and side of his face perfect not to mention the modeling.
If anyone has any links to large profile images with either of these guys it would be much appreciated.

Also the hair in the pic is simply cloned from the ref image.

user added image user added image Love it