Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-09-2008 , 12:33 AM

Stuck on a tutorial

On the Human Form tutorial,I am on chapter 3 how do you get your half figure to duplicate over??

Many thanks guys

# 2 10-09-2008 , 12:50 AM
either use duplicate special with negative 1 on one of the axis (see option box under Edit>Duplicate Special) or use mirror geometry(I never use that one...).
Benny

PS. make sure your pivot is on the duplicate axis and freeze transformations.

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 11-09-2008 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
mirror geometry is the most broken function yet
it never works... unless i didn't see a setting in there to make it not merge clusters of verts together

if you use duplicate special and set the scale to -ve like benny said then you'll have to manually merge the verts and reverse the normals
but it's easy if you had all the verts on the border edge aligned with each other, because you can just select the entire border edge, change the selection to the vertices and merge with a low threashold

if none of that makes sense then i can elaborate...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D