Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-04-2011 , 04:07 AM
SM Tea Boy

New Search Feature

We're in the process of tweaking it now but it should work pretty well.

It uses Google search tech, but i put my hand in my pocket and paid for it so you won't get the adverts user added image

I'd just like to say thanks again to everyone here that buys our tutorials and allows this site to grow without the need for advertising.

Thanks
David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 01-04-2011 , 09:18 PM
EduSciVis-er
I don't know how much control you have over the search function (what with it being Google tech and all), but if I may make a couple humble suggestions:
Right now the search results exist in the same page you were on when you did the search, so instead of getting a tab titled "Search results - ...", it might be the name of a thread.
Also clicking on a search result takes you to a new tab, which is fine, but you can't hit back to get back to search results, which is my normal reflex. This combined with the first thing makes it a bit confusing to navigate tabs, as you'll be trying to find "search results" in your tabs. If it opened in the same tab, you could always Ctrl+click or MMB to open it in a new tab.

Anyway, maybe that's just the way I like to navigate search results, but thought I'd offer up my opinion. But thanks for the new feature, with my limited use it seems a lot faster and nicer than the previous method.
Edit: Although some advanced search tools wouldn't go amiss. user added image

Last edited by stwert; 01-04-2011 at 09:21 PM.
# 3 01-04-2011 , 09:33 PM
SM Tea Boy
I agree, it will be tweaked over the next few days thanks for the feedback mate

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"