Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-09-2016 , 02:14 PM

Problem when moving an object(nurbs)

When I try to move a nurbs object, the pivot is stuck at the origin point of the grid. As I move the pivot the object doesn't move but instead the whole grid moves. When I try to manually reset the pivot it just disappears. I don't recall having this problem when I first created the object, but that was quite awhile ago as this is a long term project and i have transferred it between different versions of Maya multiple times. That may have been the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance ;]

Edit,

I've kinda gotten my way around the problem by grouping/organizing the nurb object to a group. I think im good for now, still dont know why it happened the way it did before. I think when I transferred the entire file to a different version of maya it automatically grouped and unparented a lot of the groups I already created, and that might have caused the nurb object to not have a parent? Thus connecting to the world/grid.

Last edited by swang492; 09-09-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Update