Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 23-11-2010 , 09:47 AM
Subscriber
And if they do other split screen they get it sooo wrong - Take "gears of war" love the game to bits apart from coop - why because on my lovely 50" wide-screen I can`t have the split screen going down only across meaning I cant see shit. And then there was resident evil 5 which gave you two smaller screens (which was alittle better) that also limited your view.

I think game boss/producers/designers need to get a megadrive reply some games and rethink this current gen of games.

On a plus note been playing the new "castlevania lords of shadow" and its a fine example of single player fineness and its currently quite cheep and after that I have New Vegas as I loved the last Fallout, so for now I`m happy with my single player life.

# 17 23-11-2010 , 03:10 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
is it me or the last final fantasy was way way shorter than the rest ........what is happening to the video game industry.........

# 18 23-11-2010 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
Good point there Tweety. I wonder why they split screen horizontally and not vertically... I think borderlands did it horizontally.. but that (I hear) has a really anti-climactic ending

Originally posted by murambi
is it me or the last final fantasy was way way shorter than the rest ........what is happening to the video game industry.........

as the graphics gets more intense the games get shorter it seems... more time required to get the game engine and the graphics working leaving them with not enough time to extend the story.

Also, is it me or did it seem incomplete... like it was missing features that should have been there...

I hear if they tried remaking FF7 in the same graphical intensity as the movie it'd take them 10 years because it's such a large game. Even if you got ten million sales it's probably not enough to break even.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 19 23-11-2010 , 08:43 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

I hear if they tried remaking FF7 in the same graphical intensity as the movie it'd take them 10 years because it's such a large game. Even if you got ten million sales it's probably not enough to break even.

so basically it became a trade off great graphics for short story modes

# 20 23-11-2010 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
pretty much..

you know how much work is involved in making good looking graphics
theres about that much work involved in the programming side too (or even more)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D