Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-01-2013 , 01:44 AM

My ragdoll keeps falling without the mesh - Help

I'm just trying to make a scene with a ragdoll, mesh (for the ragdoll), a passive rigid body plane for the ground, and I think I put in a Vortex or Turbulence field. In Maya 2013, it's part of the new Bullet Physics plugin, as I can make a skeleton into a ragdoll, but the problem is basically in the title here. I mean my ragdoll is attached to a skelleton, and the skeleton is attached to the box-like humanoid I made, just to test out the new features, and I looked through the Bullet Documentation, and that didn't help at all. Well, at least as far as ragdolls go. My ragdoll keeps falling onto the ground plain when I press the play button on the timeslider, but it doesn't take the mesh and the skinned joints/bones with it to animate it like a ragdoll.

This is like my third or fourth try at making a ragdoll with no success.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

- Tammy