Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-01-2013 , 01:44 AM

My ragdoll keeps falling without the mesh - Help

I'm just trying to make a scene with a ragdoll, mesh (for the ragdoll), a passive rigid body plane for the ground, and I think I put in a Vortex or Turbulence field. In Maya 2013, it's part of the new Bullet Physics plugin, as I can make a skeleton into a ragdoll, but the problem is basically in the title here. I mean my ragdoll is attached to a skelleton, and the skeleton is attached to the box-like humanoid I made, just to test out the new features, and I looked through the Bullet Documentation, and that didn't help at all. Well, at least as far as ragdolls go. My ragdoll keeps falling onto the ground plain when I press the play button on the timeslider, but it doesn't take the mesh and the skinned joints/bones with it to animate it like a ragdoll.

This is like my third or fourth try at making a ragdoll with no success.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

- Tammy