Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-02-2011 , 02:57 PM

Lighting or shading

Just a quick question guys, what's the best way to do studio render for a car, do i need to create lighting and then materials or materials first? and does anybody knows any good ways to make a studio render, and for that render would i need to do some specific car shader??? Thanks

# 2 12-02-2011 , 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Just like most other processes, it would be a good idea to start rough on both. Color, reflectivity, bump on shaders, and position, intensity and color on lights. Makes no sense to go all out on setting up lights to figure out things don't gel quite the way you want when you start setting up shaders.

- Genny
# 3 12-02-2011 , 08:52 PM

Just a quick question guys, what's the best way to do studio render for a car, do i need to create lighting and then materials or materials first? and does anybody knows any good ways to make a studio render, and for that render would i need to do some specific car shader??? Thanks

I thought you used HDR Light Studio?

Your M6 was great so I'm confused user added image

https://www.hdrlightstudio.com/forum/index.php?tid=71

# 4 12-02-2011 , 09:49 PM

I thought you used HDR Light Studio?

Your M6 was great so I'm confused user added image

https://www.hdrlightstudio.com/forum/index.php?tid=71

u see on this forum everybody said M6 model was nice, but if i would give you a link to lithuanian website (if u could understand lithuanian languageuser added image ) u would see that nobody liked it, carpaint too plastic, not enough reflections, not enough flaces on carpaint shader and so on and on..... sometimes just think people like that r just gelous or something (wish to believe that), that's why i wanted to change my workflow in rendering a car...

# 5 13-02-2011 , 11:16 AM

u see on this forum everybody said M6 model was nice, but if i would give you a link to lithuanian website (if u could understand lithuanian languageuser added image ) u would see that nobody liked it, carpaint too plastic, not enough reflections, not enough flaces on carpaint shader and so on and on..... sometimes just think people like that r just gelous or something (wish to believe that), that's why i wanted to change my workflow in rendering a car...

I found it Dalenas:

https://arto.lt/~/dalenas/projektas/m6-460/

Google does a pretty good translation. No mention of HDR Studio though. That aside lovely image.

Last edited by clearairstudios; 13-02-2011 at 11:19 AM.
# 6 13-02-2011 , 11:27 AM
u see i would say ive used HDR studio, they just would tell me it's too easy to make a render with this software user added image

# 7 17-02-2011 , 08:15 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
I would say use whatever software that really brings out your model in the renders .Then post on multiple forums (cg-cars.com) to get c&c .