Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-05-2004 , 07:27 PM

exporting to an obj

Hello again, two new questions for everyone.

the first is how can I export a file, with textures and particles to an obj file.

second, is there anyway to convert sprites into polygons? somone told me this is possible in max so i assume i could do this in maya but just cant find it.

Thanks again

# 2 11-05-2004 , 08:34 AM
an obj file will take texture co-ordinates but not a texture. An obj is basically a text file full of numbers that represent the polygon model. So you can't do particles or textures.

As for the other question I dont know.

What are you trying to achieve?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 11-05-2004 , 05:43 PM
I need to get a file from Maya into 3ds max but i need to keep c
certain things like pixel shading and things intact and the guy wants them done in obj file format.

But i was able to find an answer to one my questions. In the plugin manager their is a section where u can turn on objExport.mll that allows maya to export obj files.