Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-12-2005 , 04:16 PM

X,Y but not Z

I am pulling (scaling) a ring of verts inwards and i want the x and y values to be the same.
If i use the middle square all axis are affected.
I know i can type in the values but is there a constraint set of buttons i am missing? or a HotKey?
I was working from the top view, but this pic is of the front. It's a nut because I'm a n00b.
I've been through the Newbie Forum and some of the pics people are posting tells me that they arnt noobs - if they are, then i suck.

-geedie

Attached Images

If I knew what I was doing, I'd be sane right now.

Last edited by Geedie; 16-12-2005 at 04:20 PM.
# 2 17-12-2005 , 12:24 AM
doesnt show z in Orthographic Views go into perspective view, panels>perspective>persp

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 17-12-2005 , 02:44 AM

Re: X,Y but not Z

Originally posted by Geedie
I am pulling (scaling) a ring of verts inwards and i want the x and y values to be the same.
If i use the middle square all axis are affected.
I know i can type in the values but is there a constraint set of buttons i am missing? or a HotKey?
I was working from the top view, but this pic is of the front. It's a nut because I'm a n00b.
I've been through the Newbie Forum and some of the pics people are posting tells me that they arnt noobs - if they are, then i suck.

-geedie

1) Do it in perspective view -- 2) click on the axis you wish to NOT scale and hold CTRL down while you move it -- it will be the only axis NOT scaled.