Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-04-2006 , 12:36 PM

Image Plain & Zooming

Hey guys

I am a new Maya user and are only starting to learn the program now.

My friend gave me a car modelling tutorial which is great.
Now the problem that I find in the program is when I select a camera view , let's say I choose the side view. When I zoom in on the image plane then I can only zoom in to a point , thereafter the image plane blueprint of my car starts scaling, How can I set it up so when I zoom in that the image plain picture stays the same.

Regards

# 2 18-04-2006 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
I know this is a problem with some graphics cards...which one are you using?
Make sure you download the most recent drivers from the manufacturers web page too.

A workaround is to just create a polygon plane and assign the image to it.

# 3 19-04-2006 , 08:11 PM
it's really borring ...
i have the same probleme ...
if you have an idea, i want to hear it ^^

NeZuS
# 4 23-04-2006 , 08:33 AM
i'm quite new myself, not sure this will be of any help at all or even close to what you are asking for but anyways....just thought i give it a shot

try going into the camera tools under > view > camera tools >

from there, try touching the "zoom tool" option and the "tumble tool" option etc.

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs