Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-11-2006 , 07:37 PM

Getting a good night feel

hi,
Im currently renderin a simple view of a building in day- and night time.
At night I want some windows to be lightend. I first tried wit an area light behind it but got black , after some render global tweaking, i got transparant back, bit not the nice night view one has when looking to a building at night. ).

So to solve this I changed the window colours user added image

And ofcourse with not so nice results.
My aim is not to get a realistic image, but to get a nice image, anyone some critics?

edit: I have two images but can only upload one, so this one is the one without night sky etc...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by swissone; 28-11-2006 at 07:41 PM.
# 2 28-11-2006 , 08:03 PM
not quite sure what you want... but a good idea for a night-time look would be a low-intensity light with a slight blue tint to it (like almost white, but with a little blue). also for the windows with a yellow look to them i'd add some self-illumination (and slight shader glow?) to make them look like they've actually got lights behind them.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 26-12-2006 , 09:25 AM
Banned