Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-03-2008 , 10:22 AM

multiple textures

heya

I'm modeling a girl and i modeled the head and the body seperate (yeah big mistake in the first place.. i know). Also I textured both of them seperately (next big mistake..).

So now I got two textures, two UVW maps and two blinns.

Now I want to combine my meshes and have a shader network which is as clean as possible. Preferably just one blinn, with the seperate UVW maps and textures still in place...

There isn't really a problem when i combine and merge the meshes, but when I want to adjust the overall specularity for example, it would be better to have just one Blinn (or skinshader at the end..)

any ideas on this???

thanx in advance...

'surf now, apocalypse later'
# 2 06-03-2008 , 12:30 PM
Subscriber
You could try stitching up the two UV maps in the UV Texture Editor to get just one UV map. For the texture I'm guessing you used photoshop or something similar to paint the textures, in which case you could import them into a new photoshop file and flip/shape one of them over so you could fit them up to your one UV mesh.

Hope that makes kinda sense

Chris

# 3 06-03-2008 , 05:11 PM
so i should use one extra large texturemap?
The map for the face is already 1024x1024 so if i want to maintain the same level of detail it's goin to be a 4K map... at least..
And I got a computer from the stone-age

:headbang:

Guess I gotta get meself a big-box...

And how about the switch utility; anyone worked with those in these circumstances?

thanks anyway

mike

'surf now, apocalypse later'