Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-09-2007 , 03:32 AM
Acid44

Renault Clio V6 3dr

well after all my previous failed attempts at car modeling i figured id make my fav compact car the renault clio:attn:

ive been literally just messing aroud with extruding beveling and smoothing cubes for practise at the best way to do all the curves and suchand heres what ive got( by the way i know that theres some bumping in the fender area- ill be fixin that in 10 mins or so):

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-09-2007 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
Hey there acid,

looking good so far. One thing I would comment on though is that you seem to be bevelling edges before you've blocked out the whole object, this could cause issues later in the modelling process.

If I were you, I'd get the whole car built low poly and then start smoothing out the edges.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 3 12-09-2007 , 04:21 AM
Acid44
so far the bevels havent gotten in the way at all but ill probably be taking away the ones by the front grill t, thanx for the input though ill probably wait till its all done low polly next timeuser added image

update: i made the side and started the back:attn:

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 12-09-2007 , 05:19 AM
Acid44
last update for tonight: worked more on the backk and side/roof... gotta wake up in 5 hours so goodnight for now:zzz:

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 12-09-2007 , 06:16 AM
Lifetime Member
A very nice start but I would definately block in the whole car and do a test smooth to see what needs to be sharpened up before starting things like beveling and adding detail.
The mesh looks really clean though so don't get too tempted to detail it too soon.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 12-09-2007 , 06:16 AM
Nice mate!! Didnt steal this off Vice City right?? He he good times. (Inside joke)

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 7 12-09-2007 , 02:12 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by louis56
Nice mate!! Didnt steal this off Vice City right?? He he good times. (Inside joke)

hehehe nope its all mine:p

# 8 12-09-2007 , 05:15 PM
Acid44
UPDATE MONKEY EATERS!!!!

started the roof(has some bumping still) and started the intake by the dooruser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 13-09-2007 , 01:03 AM
lol. This is 10000 times better than your garbage truck by the way :attn:

Hows the ruins one going? You given up have you?

LOuis

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 10 13-09-2007 , 07:58 AM
Subscriber
Looking impressive! keep going and get it done! user added image this cars RAD...

Yeah i kinda agree with the others bout blocking out the main shape first then beveling/adding detail, but yeah ...

# 11 17-09-2007 , 03:41 PM
Acid44
your all just trying to make me feel bad cause im canadian... block it out first... ILL SHOW YOU!!!!!!

anyways... update:ive done quite a bit since the last post... iv made the door 4 times... and made some canges in other areas.. youll see in the pics c&c pleaseuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 17-09-2007 , 03:55 PM
Acid44
another wire and smoothed... still need to fix some bumping and work a bit on the door

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 17-09-2007 , 05:24 PM
Acid44
oh man that car was so beautiful... maya just crashed... i think im gonna vomit...well... time to do that all again:headbang:

# 14 17-09-2007 , 05:45 PM
Acid44
ill probably wait til either later or tomorrow before i continue so i can install maya 2008 firstuser added image

# 15 24-09-2007 , 06:46 PM
Stuff like that makes me think about switching to Linux Maya.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman