Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-10-2003 , 06:55 PM

Help, my files are bad.

My file rendered fine in 4.0 but when I open it and save it in 5.0 then render in mental ray it crashes. Do you have to import it or could there be other problems. I did get rid of all history.

Thanks

PS. The system I was running was a pIII 600 with 640 mg pc100 ram 66 controler IDE drive and it rendered slow but fine. I upgraded to a AMD XP 2500 barton, 1 gig DDR400 running dual channel and an SATA 80 gig drive and now it crashes with 5.0.

# 2 16-10-2003 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
u'r prett much screwed since u already saved in 5.0... otherwise i would say to revert to an older version of maya, save your file as .ma (maya ascii) then edit it with ur favorite text editor... (probably something microsoft:o ), and in the header somewhere find where it says: opens with, or something in that nature, and change the current version back to the version u want to open with.. in this case 4.0
hope this helped

# 3 27-10-2003 , 10:51 PM
I had lots of problems rendering, you might try one of the following or all. They helped me.

Update Graphics Drivers
Batch Render

The Graphics Driver update may actually solve your problem.

...and that is how I saved the world.