Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-02-2011 , 03:43 AM

animate key S

Hi i am using maya 2011 and i wanted to animate my character using blend shapes(phonemes). i create a nurbs circle and assign the blends shape attributes to the circle so i can animate the character using the circle.

The problem is that i cannot key frame it by pressing S. Instead i have to select all the attributes and clicked key selected. It is very troublesome. I dont have this problem in maya 2010.

Anyone know why and how?

# 2 25-02-2011 , 05:10 PM
EduSciVis-er
Do you mean that the hotkey 's' does nothing, or it keys something, but not what you want. Check your caps lock, then try the hotkey editor (window > settings/prefs). If it's the latter case, what does it exactly do?

# 3 26-02-2011 , 03:26 AM
The hotkey s does nothing when i pressed it. It seem that i have to select the move tool, THEN i can press s to animate but only on the x,y,z translate. Since my circle shape only need to be entering the attribute's value, i cant keyframe it.

In maya 2010, I dont remember having to select any tool just to able to keyframe, i can just easily press S to make a key be selecting the object.