Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-01-2004 , 07:31 PM

ASUS FX5200 display/refresh issues

I'm using maya 5.0 & i have the next spec.:
P4 1.7GHz
512M RAM
ASUS FX 5200 128M (v9520)
Windows XP SP1

And I'm having trouble when I'm switching between "persp view" to other views (side, front, top) I get BLANK screen (inisde), unless I add some object, or already have an object there & try to do operation on it, such as "select vetex" etc, and then i get the grid + objects. user added image

I wanted to know if anyone has encountered that problem & is there any patch or a solution to fix this issue. user added image

Would appreciate any help on issue.user added image

# 2 24-01-2004 , 08:09 PM
Kevin
I have this card in one of my machines and also find a few probs with it, all I can say is wait for a driver update that may sort these things out user added image

# 3 24-01-2004 , 09:10 PM

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 4 24-01-2004 , 09:34 PM
Thanks for the fast reply.

@scopa, i've tried to download that "hack for nvidia drivers" from the above site, but i've found it to be a .MEL file.

I'm kinda newbie, so if you could guide me on how to use that - cause if i just open that (using file->open) but the bug still exsits, though not sure I'm doing with it what i'm supposed to...

# 5 24-01-2004 , 10:31 PM
I've checked the file itslef & copied that to the directory mentioned in it, but it didn't work... user added image
It is as the "persp", "Side" & "front" views have no refresh, where as teh "top" is ok..

Don't understand, cause in other windows / games i have NO trouble with the current driver.
I've laos updated teh maya to 5.0.1 thinking there might be a fix there, but that didn't work either...

# 6 25-01-2004 , 10:03 PM
the way that the script works, is you need to have an object selected, and then after you popup a new viewpanel, all you should have to do is rotate the camera and the window should fix itself.

just remember to have something selected before you pop open a new view because the script deselects and reselects whatever you had selected.

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 7 26-01-2004 , 02:36 AM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com