Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-04-2006 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber

maya closes

anyone experience maya 7 closing out on you while you leave it idlefor a while? it happems to me about half the time.

# 2 06-04-2006 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
i've had maya close on me while i'm working...normally because i forget to delete history and it keeps building until it crashes

# 3 06-04-2006 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
it never closes on me while i'm working now that i've gotten a lappy with more power to handle my project. it's only if i leave maya idle and anything i didn't save won't be saved next time i open my scene up. i could be surfing the net and when i return it either closes at that time or it had closed already. sometimes i work on my project for a little while then i need to step away for a while to do something and when i get back maya is all closed down. the good thing though is that i've gotten into the habit most of the time to save my work before i step away. ususally when i forget to save i hadn't done alot.

# 4 09-04-2006 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
the only time maya freezes on me is when iam switching viewports.
when iam watching one of kurts video tuts i have to keep switching between maya and the player that iam using.
when i switch from the player to maya to change view ports maya freezes..
i dunno why.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!