Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-08-2006 , 08:08 PM

Problem rendering with mental ray..

Hi,
I'm pretty new in maya and I am trying to batch render a png sequence using mental ray. It does render, but I am unable to open it in other programs such as Photoshop and After Effects.

I get the following warning when I'm rendering the current frame:
Warning: (Mayatomr. Export) Maya image format not supported, using iff instead.

Does anybody have a clue what the problem might be, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Irene

# 2 18-08-2006 , 01:30 AM
What were you trying to export it as? .jpg?

# 3 18-08-2006 , 02:49 AM
I'm not sure what the actual problem is, but there's a workaround in this case. Maya ships with plugins for a number of programs that will enable them to read the .iff format. Photoshop is one of them. I don't know exactly where it is in the structure, but you should be able to find it if you run a quick search through the maya help files. I don't know if AfterEffects is on the list, but since you should be able to convert them to something else through photoshop, it doesn't really matter....

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com