Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-01-2007 , 06:07 AM

Lettering Lighting effect

Sometimes on movies and TV series, you can see that lighting effect where it's like the light shoots out from the edges of the letters... I can't quite describe it and can't find any examples (the opening to Heroes is close). Does (a) anyone have the slightest clue about what I am on about and (b) how to do it?

# 2 25-01-2007 , 06:18 AM
Might be done in post with say aftereffects as I know that you can get this effect using it???

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 25-01-2007 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
a) i think so... as if like a torch is going from one side to the other behind the text sorta thing? Like a ray of light?

b) I'm guessing you could do it by adding fog to a spot light? Not sure but thats all i can think of.