Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-02-2011 , 04:28 AM
Acid44

Febuary Challenge - Speed Machine - Acid44

I'm in, no idea what I'll do yet, caught between a Lamborghini Gallardo (wanted to do one for a while now), or some sort of fantasy bike user added image

# 2 04-02-2011 , 05:33 PM
Acid44
I've got sort of an idea of what I'm gonna do now, I think I'm going to do a sort of custom/concept Gallardo, make it all racey looking and stuff. Should have first shots up in am hour or so

EDIT: Hmm, I've just noticed the "must be of your own design" part of the rules, so once I figure out if I can do this, I'll start user added image

Last edited by Acid44; 04-02-2011 at 06:35 PM.
# 3 04-02-2011 , 11:13 PM
It also says it can be based on actual designs. Just put your own flare on it. And good choice in cars.

# 4 04-02-2011 , 11:52 PM
Acid44
Nah, I asked about it in the main challenge thread and Jay said we cant just stick a few new parts on an already produced vehicle, so I'm gonna go with the fantasy bike idea, just have no idea how to go about it yet user added image

# 5 05-02-2011 , 12:57 AM
19 year Veteran
But Jay didn't say you couldn't use the parts from other vehicles to make a totally new one.

# 6 05-02-2011 , 02:28 AM
Acid44
You may have a point man, I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with an idea anyways user added image

# 7 05-02-2011 , 11:06 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL ......Jay said.......

It also says it can be based on actual designs. Just put your own flare on it. And good choice in cars

Did I??? - is twisted dragon using twisted words??? LOL

I dont want confusion with what I've said and not said because I basically want everyone to use their imaginations at the end of the day and come up with something that looks cool and fast and of course original plus enjoy the challenge. I mentioned Lambourghini and a Yamaha R1 as examples to refer to because those things look fast even when they arent moving. Such is the power of the design. I dont want copies of vehicles with added bits on like the Delorean from Back to the Future - not that that looks at all fast anyway as it doesnt LOL

.....Model MUST be of your own design, but obviously if you need reference to make it more convincing then no probs go for it. As long as it is your design and doesnt resemble anything we know then fine, you can call it what ever you like, as long nobody makes a recognisable vehicle for example and sticks the odd new part on it, as thats not the idea, this is about using your imagination and free form modelling

If I have said something that has contradicted the idea of the challenge then please direct me to those words and we'll nip the whole thing in the bud so everyone is crystal clear on what to do.

fanks guys

Jay

# 8 09-02-2011 , 09:25 PM
Lifetime Member
c'mon acid...you can do it mate!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes