Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-06-2004 , 05:15 AM

Identity Crisis - Major Setback!

Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Well, as luck would have it, I've hit a big honkin' snag in my project. As I was trying to get a test render in MR of the ear I was modelling going, the unthinkable happened. MR crashed like a mo fo and totally corrupted the file I was working on. I don't remember what the error message was, all I DO know is that it crashed and crashed HARD! I was sad and pissed all at the same time. So now, I guess I'll get it back going this week.

When last I worked on my main character, I was trying to build an ear. But the tuts I found or used sucked. Anyone know of a place for good (and simple/easy) ear tuts I can use? Also, where can I find some great general modeling tuts? So I guess it's back to square one... Thanks, y'all, for your time and help. user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 07-06-2004 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
wow man that sucks indeed!

but hey...I did the eartut of Michael Mckinley and it turned out great... in the begining it was a bit hard ...but hey...that's just me having a difficulty to get a start from scratch...but overall...a great tut to learn one of the ways to model an ear!

# 3 07-06-2004 , 01:30 PM
The Maya Mountain
A good rule of thumb is to save your project in stages. Save it as project_1.mb. Later on, save it as project_2.mb, etc. That way, you won't lose everything when something like this happens.

# 4 07-06-2004 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
Yeh that happend 2 me once aswell, use mtmckinleys advice..

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 5 07-06-2004 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
I do that with every app I use... Just to make sure...'cause you never know... even with games...user added image user added image

# 6 07-06-2004 , 05:44 PM

Crae McShae Starring As Lazarus!!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
When a plan comes together, it comes together! I've brought my main character back from the dead! thank you, Alias, for the fantastical Incremental Save feature! Had it not been for that and my Incr. Save folder, poor ol' Crae would just be a memory and a twinkle in his daddy's eye (that'd be me... user added image). So, onward and upward now. Time to party and celebrate and get down to the nitty gritty! user added image

Re: Mr. M's terrific tut on ears, I have to say I don't have enough points or money to buy points to get the tut so I'll have to keep looking ou there til I find one that works for me. Trust me, I've seen bits of this tut on this site but haven't been able to access it. It looks awesome tho. user added image Thanks for the support, guys. This is gonna be good! user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com