Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-01-2006 , 11:26 AM
Subscriber

Normal mapping programmes?

What third party normal mapping programmes do you prefer? This is my first time at normal mapping. I've tried the surface transfer option in Maya but eventually Maya crashes, I've tried Melody but cannot seem to get the texture to apply correctly.

What would you suggest for me to use in order to normal map a character for gaming purposes that is pretty straight forward or well documented on?

Thanks all!

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 04-01-2006 , 11:28 AM

# 3 04-01-2006 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, though I only have the demo version of Zbrush and the plug in doesn't appear to work with the demo. Anyone else?

# 4 04-01-2006 , 03:55 PM
Subscriber
wow have u seen the vids on the site
can u expot the models u make in zbrush into maya?
man i want that now
ps. how much is it in the UK £ as all english places there dont give price

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

Last edited by pbman; 04-01-2006 at 04:06 PM.
# 5 04-01-2006 , 04:26 PM
yup you can import / export obj user added image importing in z must have model with all quads though..

Originally posted by pbman
wow have u seen the vids on the site
can u expot the models u make in zbrush into maya?
man i want that now
ps. how much is it in the UK £ as all english places there dont give price

# 6 04-01-2006 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by pixelsoul
yup you can import / export obj user added image importing in z must have model with all quads though..

Hi,

Yeaaah :bandit: , clearly ZB is the solution but if you want it the Maya way only, and as I don't know your Maya version, I drop these I found some time ago :

January 10, 2005 : recompiled normalMaps for Maya 6.0
January 10, 2005 : recompiled rayDisplace for Maya 6.0

There are also quite interesting infos on the homepage : https://www.drone.org/ (but 6.0 yes)

Let us know if you find smthg else interesting and newer, but I fear not user added image

# 7 04-01-2006 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I'm using Maya 6.0, but the problem is Maya keeps crashing when doing the normal map in maya itself so I was looking for an easy to use third party normal mapping software package instead. Thanks for the links anyway though I already have them!:headbang: