Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 61 20-11-2002 , 11:50 AM
Kevin
dam guys and the really worrying thing is "what was kev doing on a female site ...looking at blokes?!!!!!!!"

now theres the concern... so dont bend to pick up that soap user added image

# 62 20-11-2002 , 11:51 AM
Kevin
still at least I have a bigger Package in my pants then him user added image

# 63 20-11-2002 , 12:03 PM
Supreme Being
LOL.. i can always remedy that.. LOL.. hehe.. user added image user added image user added image

# 64 20-11-2002 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
who is the guy??? captain hook?

# 65 20-11-2002 , 09:58 PM
Supreme Being
no m8.. it's my own super villain.. because i couldn't decide which villain to make i decided to make my own..

# 66 26-11-2002 , 10:34 PM
Hey Roman, I just read through the whole forum. Your villian look AMAZING... I am a Real begginer to maya, and art programs in general, im learning photoshop right now also. But I just was wondering if you guys have a good place for me to start, i dont know a lot of the commands, but im learning. If you could give me a good website for begginers, that'd be a great help. Thanks...

# 67 26-11-2002 , 10:42 PM
This should be put in some kind of Maya Newbie FAQ (hint hint):

Do the Instant Maya (Unlimited) lessons found in the online docs. They really are nicely written and will get you going from zero level to basic understanding of how the program works.

No offense Jukey. This is just so often asked here...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 68 26-11-2002 , 11:29 PM
Supreme Being
welcome to SM Jukey.. :p

kbrown is right about those docs.. they can do wonders for you in the beginning.. user added image
as for other readin' material, check out the Tutorials Forum there are plenty of readin' material in there.. download the free video tutorials that are here at SM.. if the video tutorials are satisfactory you could try joinin' the vip section too.. that should put you well on your way.. just remember not to rush it, one step at a time.. and whatever you can't find or figure out.. just ask, I’m sure there are plenty of people here at SM that would be happy to help you out, includin' myself.. user added image

# 69 30-11-2002 , 07:03 PM
Supreme Being
it's a real pitty that i won't be able to finish this guy for the challenge user added image it's just with all the college stuff etc. i lost track of time.. was hopin' to get some extra time.. but some how miss calculated.. oh well..

thnx for all you're support guys.. user added image
i'll be finishin' him in the "near" future.. :p

# 70 30-11-2002 , 07:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Roman
it's a real pitty that i won't be able to finish this guy for the challenge user added image

you can see it from the positive side. you out, me out too, that makes judging easier as less competitors left to be judged user added image

# 71 01-12-2002 , 12:15 AM
Subscriber
i am out too... user added image - just too late