Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-12-2002 , 08:15 AM
Subscriber

question about stupid nurbs and stupid curves

hi everyone ive got this tutorial and it says to do this :
_______
In the Hotbox* menu, choose Windows*Settings/Preferences*Preferences. In the Settings window, verify that the "working units" - Linear value is set to Centimeters (default).

In the Side viewport, choose the Create*NURBS Primitives*Square › Options window. Select Active View, make the Side 1 Length 6 centimeters, the Side 2 Length 4 centimeters and press create. Name it MonitorProfileShape01.

Normally I would use more abbreviated object and filenames like MonRefShape01, but for a tutorial project I thought it would be beneficial to spell everything out. Note that I like to use caps for generally non-rendering objects like shapes, cameras and lights.

With the square (MonitorProfileShape01) selected, Go to the Maya Outliner (you can select it in your viewport by selecting the Persp/Outliner Tab on the Left side Toolbar. You will see a List of all objects in your scene.

In the Outliner Press the (-) minus sign next to MonitorProfileShape01. You will see each side listed. Select the fist 2 sides and open the *Edit Curves*Attach Curves › Options Window. Set Attach Method to Blend and hit Apply. (leave the window open you will be using it again. Now select the first and third sides and repeat Attach Command. Next, select the first and fourth sides and repeat again (now you can close the › Options Window).

Finally, with the entire square selected, open the *Edit Curves*Open/Close Curve › Options Window. Set the Shape to Blend and hit Open/Close. You now have a square that is a Periodical Curve with no overlapping CV's.
__

and i always get this error ?
Warning: attachCurve3 (Attach Curve Node): invalid input curve.

user added image user added image
any help would be much appreciated

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 2 06-12-2002 , 09:36 AM
Subscriber
I tried this but I dont get it user added image Did not get that error you got though.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 06-12-2002 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
probably me bummy learning edition

# 4 07-12-2002 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
undseth i get this picture before i do the open/close curves is this what you got ?

# 5 07-12-2002 , 03:44 AM
I just went through it and ended up with an oval shape. Before the curve is closed it looks like an uppercase "D." Setting the blend option when closing the curve transforms the straight line of the "D" into an arc, completing the oval. If that's what you're after, then make sure you are selecting the curves in the Outliner window not on the object itself.

Last edited by NitroLiq; 07-12-2002 at 03:47 AM.