Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-07-2007 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber

A Starting Point

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to Simply Maya, I've been a member for a while but just now starting to come on the site, and I just wanted to know if there was an area I should start at when trying to model a human head. I've been using Maya for about 2 years. I know part of it but am trying to expand my knowledge. So If anyone could give me pointers or a specific tutorial to buy of the site I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

# 2 14-07-2007 , 08:32 PM
Well as you are a beginner, get some beginner tutorials(some of them are free. :p)

Other then tutorials from this site I recomennd Digital tutors.

# 3 14-07-2007 , 08:41 PM
Hi Scotty

Not to sue what you mean by "if there was an area I should start at when trying to model a human head"

If you want to post your progress make a thread in the WIP section and you'll get some crits comments and pointers.

IF you need a tutorial theres a fair few on the internet, if you google making a head in maya you'll find them.

Good luck!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 15-07-2007 , 01:20 PM

Last edited by Weyu; 15-07-2007 at 01:28 PM.