Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-01-2008 , 12:01 AM
Subscriber

What is the best way to pan an image for a demoreel?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a really good suggestion on panning a high res image to a demo size for a demo reel that is effective?

I am tire of all the flickering with FG, I used a filter of 1, Freeze the FG map after making a cage of FG points with over 10,000 FG Accuracy per frame when I used the turntable method. Still it flickers where the shadow is. So now I am thinking about panning it.

I haven't find any good demoreels that pan a high res image without making it look so fake, or make me want to continue to watch the demoreel.

Does anyone know any demo reels that pan a shading and lighting image for a demo reel?

And does anyone have any good visual ideas on panning an image?

Please let me know. Thanks.

# 2 01-01-2008 , 12:39 AM
well a good rule of thumb for panning is: the shorter the distance you want to travel for the pan, the slower the pan should be - unless you want to convey action. can you post a low(er) res version of the image you want to pan around on?

Accept no substitutions.