Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-09-2008 , 03:50 AM

Maya Live - poor after solve.

Hello all

After tracking my 12 points over the video, I'm switching to the solve window at the left pop-up menu.
i'm clicking the Solve button, and give my mac initializing for a few sec.
after it finished, i get POOR near the .tial1 at the Solve window.
At the Tracking window even that most of my tracking points are green, the bottom bar are still red.
there are some camera movements, but 12 points with green tracking was suppose to work just fine.
Where is my problem ?

thanx
Erez Berman
Art-Kit Production
ISRAEL

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-09-2008 , 06:47 AM

no worries

O.k, what i understood from trying, is that i need at least 20 trackers to do the job, and it is because there is camera pen. lower bar became green after 20 trackers for each point in time

thanx
Erez

# 3 10-09-2008 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber
I don't think the problem is the amount of tracking points, the problem is the highly inadequate solver that comes with Maya Live.

The tracking is very poor compared to complete tracking programs such as boujou and Equaliser.

If the shot has to be done with Maya Live the best thing to do is just be very careful with where you place the tracking points, try and get patchs of pixels that stay in the shot the whole time or that have a colour which stands out.

Chris

# 4 10-09-2008 , 08:46 PM

tracking points looks o.k now

thanx

Attached Thumbnails