Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 07-12-2008 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
yup... i swear it wasn't there before

maybe i had something else selected as well by mistake.... :blush:

it was still fun to take that little detour

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 47 20-12-2008 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 48 20-12-2008 , 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Hey not bad user added image some of those particles look pretty huge though ><

- Genny
# 49 20-12-2008 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
at first i thought it was just the perspective, seeing as how the particles are all around the place and so they would look bigger when closer to the camera

but i think you mean the size of all the particles right? at least the ones that aren't swirling around in the middle...

here's the particle rig for the initial draw in of light

Attached Thumbnails

# 50 26-12-2008 , 10:24 PM
Hey Chrone,

Do you have any refs of the animation that your doing?

Probably me showing my lack of knowlage on what a "gundam" is and what it does. But what are all the particles doing, charging it up or shooting form it?

Just that I'm not sure what your going for, like I said mainly as I dont know what one is, and what it does (other than its a big robot with guns)

Not a crit on what your doing just that I dont know what its meant to look like.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 51 27-12-2008 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
ah yes, i was actually going to draw up a story board and post it up here but i got lazy.....

anyway, even if you knew gundam it wouldn't help you. heck i dont even know what this gun is meant to do when it fires, i dont think it's drawn in the comic that came with it.

but the inspiration is drawn from Final Fantasy 7's sister ray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQX-R...eature=related

instead of mako coming to the gun through tubes particles are drawn to the four panels, and as they do a swirl of light appears in front of the gun's opening
then BOOM a beam is shot out from the gun.